Technical Manager, Boksburg (R600 000 to R700 000 per annum) - Ref: ------28
This specialist in the compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems industry is looking for a Technical Manager who is proficient in technical training and working with HR/Operations and Branch Managers and who is a great team player. If this sounds like you, don't delay - send us your CV now!
Reports to: Business Line Manager, Service.
Reporting, total staff compliment: 3 (product/technical specialists in compressors).
Key internal relationships: Product/technical specialists subordinates.
Key external relationships: Customers to resolve technical issues on site and liaise with Europe.
Primary purpose: Responsible for all service and new business warranties and taking decisions on those and reporting those to Europe and locally (claims included)
- Supports service and new business with technical issues.
- Supports customers to resolve technical issues on site and liaise with Europe on same, co-ordinating all responses to various team members.
- Receives, actions and reports on all engineering change bulletins from design engineering Europe. Reports on the completion of same.
- A team player who can interact well with all parties, operations, sales, technical, customers and management.
- Proficient in training and working with HR, Operations and Branch Managers to design and implement technician training matrix and liaise with company training academy and factory training personnel.
- Resolve conflicts with schedules at times and prioritise effectively with all service team members for technician training and calendar date setting.
- To determine training needs of staff and customers, and develop training programs.
- To support sales staff to market and sell training programs.
- To assist line managers to identify staff training requirements and to co-ordinate training activities for workshop, field service and the various sales staff.
- To ensure that Product Specialists provide technical support to customers, technical and sales staff where required.
- Co-ordinate training courses in accordance with internal and air power schedules and customer requirements.
- Co-ordinate, investigate and finalise all Warranties across the business areas of Compressor Technique.
- Produce accurate monthly reports, summarise costs and report on the outcome of findings and suggest improvements to be made.
- Ensure claims to air power are lodged and paid accordingly.
- Implement ECB Bulletins throughout all business areas, ensuring deadline actions and completion dates are met with subsequent timeous implementations at customer sites.
- Compiling accurate monthly reports to all areas of the business and air power on a regular basis.
- Assist customers telephonically and on-site with all technical queries and drawing/data manual interpretation.
- Assist with on-site trouble-shooting and various machines commissioning.
- Place a strong emphasis on quality control in the workshop and field service, ensuring that technical capability is of the highest standard thus minimizing warranties and subsequent commercial claims.
- Effectively lead and manage the Product Support Specialists.
- Technical consultation to clients, organising and expediting technician training, carrying out engineering change bulletins, handling and processing of warranties (locally and internationally) and various other functions to service and new business.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Experience in Technical Training (advantageous)
Technical knowledge of similar products (advantageous)
- A suitable technical- and a training qualification and a valid driver’s license is required
- Possibly a Trade and 5 to 10 years’ experience in compressors (or rotating machinery) with N courses or T courses level can be discussed
- Any other project or management courses done are a plus (PMI , MDP, PG Dip, etc.)
- Previous experience in technical team supervision and/or management
- The ability to understand commercial issues related to warranties and profit, etc.
- An affinity for online reporting (we use online systems for all warranties, etc.)
- Meet deadlines
- Computer proficient generally MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
South African member of a global group, a B-BBEE Level 4 empowering supplier with over 1000 employees providing sustainable productivity solutions for over 60 years. Their comprehensive dealer and distributor network offers innovative solutions in construction, mining, rock excavation, power tools and assembly systems as well as compressors, vacuum & air treatment systems.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.