The Senior Accountant role manages the accounting, reporting and systems, and tax within the business. As a divisional accounting lead, the candidate will provide financial stewardship of company assets and activities by ensuring an accurate assessment of the entities financial condition.
Our client is a multinational pharmaceutical company with head office in Johannesburg.
The Senior Accountant role will have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Maintenance of General Ledger master data
- Prepare and where relevant review manual journal entries
- Prepare and manage balance sheet account reconciliations process of all balance sheet accounts and ensure timely resolution and clean of overdue items identified. Ensure proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved, with escalations to Technical Accounting if required
- Actively manage the review of accounts to ensure all financial transactions are valid and recorded to ensure accuracy of reported data, perform variance analysis and plausibility checks using different sources of information
- Manage period-end closing and reporting in accordance with local laws (accountancy)
- Ensure proper functionality and process linkages from/to other systems, e.g. payroll
- Perform the balance sheet account reconciliations of allocated HR and share-based compensation accounts and ensure timely resolution and clean up of overdue items identified
- Business Partnering for Divisions:
- Business Partners with Divisions X in FRA matters, ensuring that business objectives are met through provision of timely, accurate and relevant financial information
- Responsible for month-end closing of SAP and align with accounting (accruals, depreciation, period lock)
- Ensure that figures reported from SAP into FCRS are correct and ensure close collaboration with key stakeholders
- Ensure proper master data maintenance
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Maintain Tax master data
- Manage balance sheet reconciliations of allocated accounts and ensure timely resolution and clean up of overdue items identified
- Actively lead and/or perform the Tax calculation of quarter-end financial reporting
- Proactively identify potential VAT and/or tax risks and take leadership with appropriate departments and/or Group Tax for timely resolution
The Senior Accountant must be a qualified CA (SA) with a minimum of 2 years post articles experience.
The role requires the candidate to have experience within the FMCG or Retail industries, where the candidate has had exposure to working in a company with stock.
The salary on offer is up to R800,000 per annum, but any offer will be based on the candidates relevant years of experience and current salary.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.