Minimum requirements for the role:
- Previous sales experience selling into the Wood manufacturing industry is essential.
- Must have industrial wood coatings experience.
- Previous sales experience selling wood coatings is preferred.
- Must have wood coatings sales experience calling on furniture manufacturers and / or shopfitters.
- Hands on working experience and knowledge of spray painter application and equipment is preferred.
- Must be able to travel throughout Gauteng and surrounds.
- Fluency in both Afrikaans and English is essential.
- Must be hands on and willing to train customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels is essential.
- Must be familiar with paint specifications and site inspections.
- Strong team player with the ability to build and foster relationships.
- High degree of professionalism and conduct at all times.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining sustainable relationships at all levels and continuously ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Interacting with regional management, to ensure delivery of agreed services on a national basis.
- Managing current customers as well as developing and growing market share within their region according to the company’s strategy.
- Adhering to defined KPI’s in terms of Product and Customer Management.
- Ensuring and reporting on market intelligence in terms of market demand, market shares etc. to the Managing Director.
- Developing category management concepts in collaboration with retail customers, the sales and marketing team and the head office.
- Compiling mandates and pricing structures for annual trading term negotiations for key account management to ensure that company targets are met.
- Developing sales tools to support key account management in negotiations for price increases, listings, trading term negotiations and following up on category profitability.
- Evaluating and implementing best practices from head office.
- Providing input regarding marketing strategies according to the retail space, the shopper and the consumer.
- Identifying projects and opportunities within new markets and correctly marketing the products to meet the needs of current and potential customers.
- Providing accurate material and market forecasting.
- Monitoring and evaluating the company performance in meeting customer needs in designated market segments.
- Determining distribution gaps and trends from analysed data and developing recommendations for sales operations, key account management and marketing.
Salary package highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.