PBT Group, leaders in Business Intelligence, requires Microsoft SSIS ETL Developers to implement the ETL in Microsoft SQL from landing through the DW and then publish the datasets in SQL views for each required report. The source data will be provided and pushed by the source system teams.
- Solid SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) experience.
- Solid SharePoint experience
- Solid XML experience
- Intimate knowledge of source systems as well as a basic understanding of dimensional models.
- Conventional database- and data warehouse modelling skills, in order to understand the data warehouse data models.
- A sound knowledge of the programming language used to write the data staging programs or ETL tool.
- A sound knowledge of SQL, or the language used to access the source databases and the data warehouse from the data staging programs or ETL tool.
- A sound knowledge of the capabilities of the ETL tools, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the data staging programs.
- Pride of work, thoroughness and attention to detail.
Required Qualifications / Training:
- Course on the ETL / related toolset.
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- 2+ years programming experience.
- Plan and analyse complex business requirements and implement technology enabled solutions to address multi-discipline business opportunities/problems.
- Conduct planning, analysis and design activities in conjunction with other development specialists.
- Participate in analysis of complex business opportunities/problems to deliver designs meeting requirements.
- Participate in estimation of tasks and assist in the development of project plans.
- Code or makes modifications to programs of high complexity, according to specifications.
- Conduct medium to high complexity evaluations for product releases, stand-alone products, etc.
- Conduct walkthroughs and quality review of deliverables.
- Knowledge of design and developing end-to-end data acquisition processes to be used in population of data warehouse/data marts and/or in the creation of interfaces.
- Provide guidance and mentoring on business intelligence technology and systems in general, especially in the area of ETL processes.
- Participate in the formulation of standards to support the data acquisition development process.
- Design, develop and execute complex data acquisition or interface routines using ETL tool, ensuring that business and technical requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with established policies, standards and methodologies.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.