Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have minimum matric.
- A qualification in Logistics or Warehouse Management is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ working experience in a Receiving Role within a manufacturing or chemical environment is essential.
- Previous supervisory experience is highly advantageous.
- Must have a high level of understanding and fair knowledge of health and safety.
- Must be attentive to detail and have excellent daily management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential and must be a team player.
- A clean track record is non-negotiable.
- Must be a fast-paced individual with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have a forklift license and be able to drive a forklift.
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends when required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the offloading of all materials into the receiving department and ensuring that the correct products are delivered.
- Handling all interbranch transfers, checking the quality of products, comparing batch numbers and checking for expiry dates.
- Performing stringent quality checks to ensure packaging is not damaged.
- Submitting claims and providing proof to overseas suppliers should the packaging be damaged.
- Organising and maintaining inventory and storage areas.
- Overseeing the movement of material from receiving to the warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Compiling the necessary reports and reporting to the Warehouse Manager on a daily basis.
- Managing and motivating the Warehouse Team as well as monitoring their daily activities and performance.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and maintaining good customer relationships.
Salary package is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.