PBT Group has a vacancy for strong QlikView Front End Developer, preferably with financial background.
With over two decades of expert knowledge and experience as information management specialists, PBT is a recognised leader in Business Intelligence and data warehousing and has extended its competency base to cover data quality and advanced analytics.
We pride ourselves to be a company who attracts, recruits and retains consultants of an exceptional caliber, not only within BI, but also within focused areas of Application Development.
We have worked in more than 25 countries around the world and are currently implementing large-scale projects throughout Africa, the Middle East and Australia.
- Create and maintain the end user applications, typically using off-the-shelf data access software or conventional query- and reporting tools.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports and report definitions.
- Develop graphs and portal interfaces.
- Load and maintain the metadata for the data access tool.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Produce complex, efficient, error-free reporting solutions and related documentation.
- BI front end development on data structures, cubes, reporting, dashboards, etc.
- Data warehouse modelling skills is advantageous, in order to understand the data warehouse data models.
- A sound knowledge of SQL, or the language used to access the data warehouse from the access- or end-user reporting tools.
- A sound knowledge of the capabilities of the data access- and reporting tools, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the end user programs or reports.
- Keep abreast of new releases of these tools and work-arounds to overcome problem areas using these tools.
- Exposure to various BI front end applications, with working knowledge in at least one of them.
- Strong ability to analyse user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Experience with one or more of the industry standard databases desired.
- Attention to detail and strong logical reasoning ability.
- Good communication skills.
- Pride of work, thoroughness and attention to detail.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.