Our client based in Johannesburg, CBD is on the lookout for a Production/Operations Manager from a Chemicals/Manufacturing background to streamline the Operations of their business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the production process, drawing up production schedules; monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Ensure that all production processes are cost effective.
- Responsible for the management of equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement.
- Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
- Analyze production and quality control processes to detect and correct problems.
- Liaise with various departments, e.g. suppliers, managers, technical & support services etc.
- Implementation of the company's policies, procedures and goals.
- Implementation and adherence to health and safety policies & procedures.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOP's) for production operations.
- Ensure that standard operating procedures (SOP's) are adhered to.
- In coordination with management, set product quality standards.
- Monitor quality standards for imported and locally produced products.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives within the production process.
- Prepare and maintain regular production reports.
- Assist with the preparation and management of production budgets.
- Implement cost control programs / initiatives.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management.
- Forecasting, stock taking and ordering raw materials.
Provides technical oversight and coordination of project engineering work, through project coordination meetings and other means, monitors progress against project schedules and budgets, recommends allocation of resources as required to accomplish goals.
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project(s).
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Works closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Submits project status reports to stakeholders; reviews budgets; anticipates and reacts to change.
- Manage human resources in order to meet production targets.
- Identify and report on training needs.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
- Manage recruitment of operational employees.
- Responsible for site security.
- Maintain appropriate licenses to comply with all necessary statutory requirements.
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor's degree - chemical engineering, industrial technology or related field.
- 10 years' experience (minimum)
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Planning, organizing, co-ordination and control skills.
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of business, finance and management principles.
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
- Knowledge of engineering, project management and technology principles / practices.
- Willingness to travel to various locations as and when required.
- Excellent time management and decision making skills.
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills; both written and oral.
- The ability to work with a diverse range of people.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.