· Manage the planning and execution of all maintenance shutdowns by coordinating appropriate resources, conducting safety planning, and ensuring availability of spares within scheduled timeframes.
· Assess the content of shutdown plans in order to reduce unfavorable losses, without sacrificing equipment reliability and intrinsic value and integrity.
· Manage the execution of planned maintenance-related levels 1, 2 and 3 shutdown works in close co-operation with the Superintendent (Plant), Superintendent (Maintenance Execution) and Maintenance Controller, in order to achieve the shortest job duration, safe working practices and high quality of maintenance work.
· Support the responsible reliability engineer with faultfinding, problem root cause analyses, and the planning / execution of preventive actions.
· Maintain and improve safety, health and environmental standards and practices by ensuring compliance to the requirements of the MHSA and regulations in force in terms of The Act.
· Prepare and present shutdown, failure and equipment reports as required.
· Provide written feedback to the Reliability Engineer and Plant Managers on major issues as per standard procedures.
· Maintain high standards of data and information in the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
· Approve and enforce engineering / process operating standards for legal compliance and undertake total legal accountability for operational equipment
· Maximum production and equipment availability
· Operational efficiency and effectiveness to optimize performance
· Effective communication and delivering on commitments
· Safe working practices.
· Higher National Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or Degree in related disciplines
· Government Certificate of Competency in Mines and works
· 5 years in general engineering practices, preferable, heavy industrial engineering
· Certificate in Middle Management Programs (MDP) is advantageous
· Knowledge in RCM/PMO, Failure Analysis & Reliability Engineering is desirable
· EB driver's license
· Good organisational skills
· Computer literacy (MS Office) and SAP
· Strong people and communication skills
· Project Management skills
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.