Excellent opening is offered in prestigious Organisation that is often described as a ‘business of choice’ due to its high profile sector which offers its financial and anciliary services both within South Africa and the broader African continent, in particular, as well as globally. This business has evolved over many decades and has expanded its services at various increments in time and now is a multi-faceted and complex Organisation that has become highly regulated. Like many financial service businesses, it has become highly technically driven including on-line access to its broad product range. The candidate will create and drive the implementation of appropriate and cost effective procurement sourcing strategy within the Organisation’s governance and compliance framework and with the ultimate goal of reducing cost and complexity whilst improving procurement service levels and efficiency.
- Manage, motivate and direct a small Team in targeting procurement goals and ensuring efficiency.
- Provide input into the Budget to ensure appropriate resource allocation. Furthermore, manage this Budget with a cost effective focus.
- Develop and implement the Group’s procurement strategy in terms of the business requirements and its affordability ensuring that transformation targets are met.
- Apply negotiation strategies, lead supply negotiations and oversee the closing of Contracts and Service Level Agreements taking into consideration the business risk.
- Manage and report on measurement and performance (metrics) so as to analyse procurement performance levels and improve when necessary.
- Oversee execution of procurement related activities and ensure quality and legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Maximise cost reduction and drive efficiency improvement, for example, automation, value add reporting & forecasting.
- Build Stakeholder relationships with internal and external parties.
- Must have a Business Management Degree (noting that Diplomas are not acceptable) and ideally a Post-Graduate in Logistics or Supply Chain. At least 10 years experience in the procurement function is required and ideally from financial services or banking sector.
- The candidate will have excellent communication and presentation skills together with advanced Excel experience.
- Must be able to manage and thrive in an environment that is constantly changing and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Notwithstanding that this position is a management role, the need to be very hands-on and involved in the day-to-day procurement activities, is an absolute prerequisite as opposed to a purely strategic focus in the position.
- Knowledge of the BBBEE and preferential procurement is also a key requirement.
Apply on-line or alternatively phone Gerald Lilian on (011)-----.
Be advised that if you do not receive a response within two weeks from date of submission of your CV, then please deem your application as unsuccessful.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.