The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing all accounts in the food and pharmaceutical industries whilst displaying good customer leadership.
- Building and maintaining existing and new customer and supplier relationships in order to develop and grow new business in the industry.
- Monitoring market developments in order to identify and grow market share.
- Managing, achieving and exceeding regional sales volumes, value, profit and key performance indicator targets.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining various business strategies.
- Offering technical support, commissioning and first level troubleshooting when required as well as providing technical support for customers.
- Evaluating and recommending improvements that would assist the business area management in meeting/exceeding current sales, profitability, and operational goals.
- Completing budgeting, forecasting and sales reports as required.
- Identifying and concluding global sourcing opportunities.
- Effectively negotiating price increases when required to do so.
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Upholding high standards of selection, training, placement, discipline, motivation and teamwork of employees in the production area.
- Reviewing, implementing and managing the sales strategy as per the business channel.
- Conducting demonstrations of products to prospective customers as well as educating customers and staff on the product range through presentations.
- Identifying, qualifying and quantifying opportunities and updating the salesforce on a daily basis.
- Reviewing the value proposition to ensure the product offering remains a premium brand.
- Collecting samples from the warehouse and submitting proactive samples.
- Compiling customer business pans.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Previous Food ingredient raw materials sales experience is essential.
- Previous experience within the Dairy industry is preferred.
- Some technical application experience in food ingredients within the FMCG industry is advantageous.
- Must be results driven and passionate with the ability to build and foster strong strategic relationships.
- Computer literacy is essential with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Outgoing sales persona with excellent presentation and interpersonal skills is essential.
- Fluent communication of the Afrikaans and English command is essential.
Salary package is highly negotiable based on experience gained.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.