Minimum requirements for the role:
- An Occupational Health and Safety qualification is essential.
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience in the mining industry or working with Vodacom is essential.
- Must have at least 4 years’ working experience as a Health and Safety Officer working on civil sites should you not have worked at Vodacom.
- Must have SAMTRAC experience and preferably telecommunications experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team are essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own car and be willing to travel.
- Must be an immediate starter.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Inspecting the workplace and workplace equipment to ensure they meet safety regulations and legislation.
- Identifying any hazards and risks in the work environment.
- Ensuring that people are wearing the correct safety gear and that dangerous materials are correctly stored.
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the Health and Safety strategies, policies, plans and procedures of the organisation.
- Recording and reporting hazards, accidents, injuries and health issues within the workplace.
- Assisting with the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions as well as study possible causes and recommend remedial action.
- Coordinating and managing the SHEQ audits process with senior management.
- Implementing awareness programmes, responsible for site security management and well as preparing monthly system reports.
- Developing, implementing, reviewing and training of all staff on emergency plans and the induction process on all sites.
- Ensuring mandatory agreements are entered into between the customer/supplier and the company.
Salary package highly negotiable depending on experience gained. Other benefits include a Fuel Card + Medical Aid + a Provident Fund.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.