Prime Objective of Job:
Ensuring excellent customer service at all times!
Overall management of the lodges kitchen and meals.
Core Competencies of the Job:
- Day to Day Operation of the Kitchen.
- Dealing with suppliers and any individual that needs assistance from management.
- Ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Manage the Kitchen Brigade
- Ensure Kitchen is aware of upcoming dietary requirements or any additional events in advance
- Dealing with guest complaints and putting corrective training in place
- Completing orders for the kitchen and ensuring correct par stock level is maintained
- Weekly menu Planning
- Developing new menus and training
- Menu costing
- Planning Menus for any guests with special dietary requirements (Vegans, Gluten Free etc).
- Training Staff and improving their skills on a continuous basis
- Encouraging Chefs to give their input for new ideas and improving the kitchen
- Discipline of staff.
- Resolving staff issues.
- Conducting weekly staff meetings.
- Assisting with Hosting during meals( ensuring guest satisfaction at all times)
- Standards – ensuring the set standards of the lodge are met at all times. Guest happiness is key
- Employer or management may require other tasks to be done not listed in this description.
- Ensuring any maintenance issues are dealt with. This should in no way effect a guest
- Monthly Report given to Lodge Manager
- Operational Requirements
- Training requirements for upcoming month.
- Stock: Stock levels are to be kept at an adequate level, in order to maximize profit and minimize wastage. Bearing in mind at all times our guests needs and the Lodges aim to become a 5 star Lodge. In your absence (Days off or leave) you will be required to ensure that adequate stock levels are available to your department staff.
1) Ability / willingness to Learn
2) Team Leader
3) Team Player
4) Ability to work under pressure and be list/task orientated.
5) Drivers Licence
6) Min of 2 years’ experience at a similar establishment and position is preferred.
Package – Live in: inclusive of Accommodation, Meals, Lights & Water, DSTV, Maid Service and Laundry Service, Uniforms annually.
Cycle – 3 weeks on and 1 week off/month
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.