Superb opening is offered in prestigious Organisation that is often described as a ‘business of choice’ due to its high profile sector which offers its financial and anciliary services both within South Africa and the broader African continent, in particular, as well as globally. This business has evolved over the last century and has expanded its services at various increments in time and now is a multi-faceted and complex Organisation that has become highly regulated. Like many financial service businesses, it has become highly technically driven including on-line access to its broad product range. The Treasury Head will be responsible for ensuring the governance and treasury management framework as well as its practices and methodologies to ensure their business is adequately protected against counter-party credit risk, investment risk and liquidity risk. Naturally, compliance to various investment mandates and capital regulations need to be stringently adhered to.
Key performance areas, inter alia, include:
- Provide strategic and holistic thinking to the Treasury Business Plan and especially focusing on the next five years.
- Manage multi-billion rand Asset Management Funds.
- Be involved in the respective budget and plan the delivery to contribute to the financial targets.
- Create the Divisional Business Plan to support the overall Financial Strategy.
- Minimise credit risk and ensure yields are balanced optimally across the various Funds.
- Negotiate optimal costs to maximise costs of investment so as it pays out more to Clients.
- Provide professional advice and guidance i.r.o. Treasury Management Practices.
- Focus on systems, products and projects to improve business’s service to Clients.
- Set the Multi-Asset Class Portfolio Investment Benchmark and advise thereon. In particular, ensure maximum returns on various asset class portfolios, e.g. bonds, etc.
- Coach Team to ensure quality output and performance.
- CA (SA) and from a banking or financial services background.
- Upto 10 years experience in a treasury management function which should include in corporate finance.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulation within financial markets.
- Highly driven & energetic, very proactive, able to interact and upskill a Team and other professionals within their business and display a professional demeanour and conduct at all times.
Apply on-line or alternatively phone Gerald Lilian on (011)-----.
Be advised that if you do not receive a response within two weeks from date of submission of your CV, then please deem your application as unsuccessful.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.