This is a senior management role that requires innovative thinking and positive leadership in a highly-dynamic and demanding fast-growth environment.
This position reports to the EcoPlanet Bamboo Group COO and works closely with the company’s Founders and Executive Management Team. This position oversees the Plantation Team, Factory Team and Administration Team within the company’s South African operations.
The ideal candidate will have the skills to work closely with the Business Development Manager on new products and factory developments.
- Strategic: Identify and implement strategic, operational, and organizational decisions including developing policy, procedures and systems for the smooth running of the businesses, implementing certifications and international standards that will enhance the business.
- Management: Steer, motivate and guide the management team and create a common purpose amongst staff at all levels. Develop operational targets and KPIs, monitor progress and drive results.
- Finance/Admin/Legal: Oversee management of HR, Finance and administrative systems.
- Plantation and Factory Operations: Project management for tasks or new phases of the project (i.e. harvesting, post-harvesting, new product manufacturing), including personnel requirements, machinery and equipment identification and procurement, budget development, identification of management and supervisor roles, target setting, project implementation and monitoring of costs, and final project assessments.
- Compliance and Certification: Ensure compliance of all systems and operations to EPBG EHS standards as well as the FSC and/or other applicable standards
- University degree in forestry, agriculture, business administration or related field.
- 8+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced work environment, with a forestry or agriculture company, and preferably with an international company.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand and analyse complex systems into simple, structured processes and develop complex operational plans with clear targets and milestones.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work within multiple moving parts and shift from high level strategic tasks to on the ground implementation with field and factory teams.
- Experience managing unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled workforce.
- Willingness to be in the field – rain or shine.
- A team player who takes pride in empowering their workforce and seeks to add value in multiple areas of the business.
- Fluency in English, ability to speak Xhosa desired.
- Detail and systems oriented.
- Ability to think on their feet and problem solve.
- Patient and flexible.
- Computer fluency, including Microsoft suite. Pastel experience desired.
- Willingness to live on the farm in company provided housing, or be available to the farm after hours if you choose to live in town.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: Monday 20 November 2017
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.