Responsible for the management of the fixed income portfolios, investment process, investment and compliance risk; new fixed income product development; negotiations of new investment guidelines or amendment of existing ones; liaising with clients and taking responsibility for client pitches and client report backs and staff management. The Fixed Income Portfolio Manager will work with other Portfolio Managers and/or Analysts. This role is at Senior Management Level.
- Assists with fixed income investment policy/philosophy formulation, portfolio construction/implementation and risk management processes.
- Developing, researching, analyzing, recommending and implementing the execution of all fixed income investment strategies for all fixed income portfolios.
- Responsible for the management of portfolios from analysis through to the implementation of asset allocation strategies.
- Responsible for portfolio rebalancing.
- Responsible for instrument/portfolio performance measurement and analysis.
- Responsible for the creation of bespoke discretionary portfolios including benchmark construction for specialist clients.
- Managing relationships with all relevant intermediaries and parties (dealers, brokers, economists, analysts, issuers, National Treasury, Stock exchanges, attorneys, compliance, officers, Financial Services Board, etc.).
- Assist in the negotiation and execution of all/any legal agreements.
- Oversee the development, update, maintenance and documentation of the fair valuation model/system and process that is used for valuation of fixed income securities.
- Develop financial models and perform fixed income analytics as needed in areas such as actual versus expected yields, credit risk analysis, returns and relative value analyses for specific instruments and/or portfolios.
- Coordinating the periodic review of fair valuation model/system and process by independent accountants, valuation consultants and other parties.
- Oversee the development of risk management tools/systems and compliance processes.
- Assist with the management of fund administration and investment compliance processes.
- Providing on-going client service; assisting in new business development, client profiling and suitability analysis, i.e. diagnostic reviews; fixed income investment policy formulation, portfolio construction/implementation and risk management and seeks to garner additional assets of the existing client base.
- Responsible for communicating the fixed income team's current strategy and delivers market updates to the broader fixed income team, the Board and clients.
- Develops and/or contributes to written communications intended for distribution to clients.
- Responsible for the mentoring and management staff (analysts, etc.) should the need arise.
- Provide on-going support to staff in their knowledge, awareness, and implementation of fixed income management.
- Perform other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree in Finance, Economics, or related Business discipline preferred. A Masters will be advantageous.
- A minimum of 4 to 7 or more years' experience in fixed income portfolio management.
- Advanced knowledge of the financial services industry; investment products and funds.
- Clear and demonstrable investment philosophy and process experience.
- Strong knowledge of principles for fixed income analytics including; yield/cost/return analyses, credit risk and prepayment modelling, derivative analytics, relative value.
- analysis and portfolio modelling.
- Familiarity with commercially available fixed income analytic/modelling systems.
- Ability to lead system selection, installation and conversion projects.
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry practices for performance and risk measurement of fixed income instruments and portfolios.
- Ability to independently perform research/analysis and to recommend and implement strategies, tactics and corrective actions.
- Ability to make investment recommendations that are supported by rigorous analysis and communicated with strong conviction.
- High level of initiative and interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a small & collaborative team while also communicating and interacting with a larger group of Investors.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) clearly and precisely on technical/specific topics and strong presentation skills.
- Good people management skills and ability to manage staff.
- Experienced and effective skills to coordinate with executives, managers and staff of other departments.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptive and agile.
- Must have relevant computer literacy and IT skills.
- Fixed Income.
- Financial Modeling.
- Portfolio Management.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.