Since 1947, they have provided innovative solutions developed through strong client relationships of mutual trust and respect and a commitment to quality and integrity. From a three-person firm in the United States to today's staff of more than 5,000 worldwide, it has grown and diversified with our clients' needs in mind. Our mission is to reach one goal – the client’s – by providing the right total solutions.
The organisation prides itself on developing and retaining high quality staff. Currently accepting applicants for Finance and Accounting Manager to work in Tanzania on a three to five year contract for January 2018.
- Oversight of client/program’s funding mechanism and infrastructure implementation
- Assist with financial implementation and oversight of the infrastructure program
- Ensure overall compliance of funding usage per donor requirements
- Regular reporting on the status, implementation activities and projects under the program to the client and other stakeholders as required
- Process contractor payments on behalf of client via best business practices
- Utilize management information system to facilitate dashboard reporting with respect to financial implications of the program
- Preparing periodic financial statements and reports for the program
- Provide answers to audit queries and inquiries
- VAT, custom duty and other tax reporting and processing for reimbursement
- Promote and adherence to the company’s quality management program (PQM)
- Maintain office records and accounts, e.g. payroll, vendor lists, bank account and project inventory
- Maintain petty cash (or provide oversight)
- Prepare monthly reporting on financial transactions and bank reconciliation
- Work as needed and as assigned relative to taxes, legal issues, human resources, insurance, and government registrations
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis for at least 3 large scale projects or organizations of a similar nature and complexity during the last 10 years.
- Proven ability to provide sound financial analysis and review financial data.
- Previous experience analyzing and reporting variances for project financial performance.
- Strong computer skills and ability to utilize word-processing and database applications including MS Office, Familiar with utilizing advanced computerized financial applications.
- Excellent knowledge of and be fully familiar with the relevant norms, standards and procedures, as well as local legislation, circumstances and practices.
- Strong communication, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills (document-based and verbal).
- Ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to work as part of a high-performing and multi-disciplinary team, often operating under tight deadlines and timetables.
- Degrees: Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in accounting, finance or economics.
- Post-graduate chartered/professional membership (or equivalent) of a recognized international financial institution, or equivalent.
- Fluency in English , Swahili a plus
Amount of Travel:
- Limited in Country travel within the Simiyu Region and to Dar es Salaam
Urgently submit your applications by C.O.B 09 October 2017
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.