Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have minimum matric.
- A qualification in Logistics or Warehouse Management is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ working experience in a Dispatching Role within a manufacturing or chemical environment is essential.
- Previous supervisory experience is highly advantageous.
- Must have a high level of understanding and fair knowledge of health and safety.
- Must be attentive to detail and have excellent daily management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential and must be a team player.
- A clean track record is non-negotiable.
- Must be a fast-paced individual with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have a forklift license and be able to drive a forklift.
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends when required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all outgoing logistics as well as planning and managing daily loads and deliveries.
- Liaising with transporters and truck drivers to ensure that stock on all trucks is secure.
- Ensuring the accurate loading of stock onto the vehicles.
- Handling all interbranch transfers, checking the quality of products, comparing batch numbers and checking for expiry dates.
- Performing stringent quality checks to ensure packaging is not damaged.
- Recording returns for any damages, incorrect products or incorrect customers.
- Managing the inventory regarding physical stock counts, month-end procedures and reports as well as providing feedback to senior management.
- Compiling the necessary reports and reporting to the Warehouse Manager on a daily basis.
- Managing and motivating the Warehouse Team as well as monitoring their daily activities and performance.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and maintaining good customer relationships.
Salary package is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.