Since 1947, they have provided innovative solutions developed through strong client relationships of mutual trust and respect and a commitment to quality and integrity. From a three-person firm in the United States to today's staff of more than 5,000 worldwide, it has grown and diversified with our clients' needs in mind. Our mission is to reach one goal – the client’s – by providing the right total solutions.
The organisation prides itself on developing and retaining high quality staff. Currently accepting applicants for Deputy Program Manager to work in Tanzania on a three to five year contract for January 2018.
- Help lead a diverse team of largely Tanzanians in: a) water municipality capacity building, b) water supply infrastructure construction and c) review of detailed designs for water supply infrastructure.
- Significant stakeholder collaboration and conflict mitigation, particularly with governmental agencies such as regional and local water authorities and the Ministry of Water & Irrigation.
- Assisting the team’s requirement to meet contractual scope, schedule and budget.
- Assisting in formal and informal reporting (progress and financial) to the client as well as the company.
- Strict adherence to the company’s policies such as: anti-corruption (ACP), safety and quality.
- Effective and timely management of human (team) resources including sub-consultants.
- Effective and timely management of sub-contractors.
- Living and working in remote location in Tanzania – likely Bariadi.
- Assisting in management and direction of the company’s team and sub-consultants and contractors.
- Abiding by the company’s quality management program (QMP).
- Interacting with local Tanzanian Government officials, private entities, officials of local governments, non-governmental organizations, other donors, and community-based groups.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in engineering construction supervision with extensive experience with water infrastructure projects.
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience.
- Construction supervision/oversight and contract management experience on at least 4 projects in Tanzania. Preference for water infrastructure.
- Strong project scheduling skills.
- Excellent writing skills and use of the full suite of Microsoft software such as Word, Excel and Project, Outlook.
- Fluency in Swahili and English required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or higher.
- Must be a Chartered/Registered Professional Engineer with a recognized international institution; or the Construction Management Association of America preferred.
- Fluency in English and Swahili
Amount of Travel:
- Limited in Country travel within the Simiyu Region and to Dar es Salaam
Urgently submit your applications by C.O.B 09 October 2017
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.