Our Client Is looking for a Concrete Forman with the following skills and experience:
- Must have worked on large concrete towers
- Must have experience with water retaining structures
- At least 10 years experience as a Forman in a medium or large civils contracting company.
- Must have a valid passport.
- Must be willing to work in Mozambiques.
Purpose of the Job
- Supervise the activities and outputs of specialist area teams to ensure efficient outputs within the quality, cost and time parameters set. Be a key participant in the realtionship between contractor, sub-contractor, company and client.
Key Performance Outputs
- To ensure that the Junior Foreman have clear purpose and direction by meeting with them daily to delegate tasks and monitor productivity.
- Manage Inspections and quality control through pre-concrete and formwork inspections and ensure that these are in line with Methods Statements.
- To ensure the close out of all NCR's
- To manage the transfer of skills through mentoring and supervision of learners and experiential trainees coordinated through a weekly meeting to ensure that structured and measured learning is achieved.
- To manage the daily program to ensure that construction team is on program and communicate progress through Invocom system.
- To Plan and manage the ordering of material and equipment to ensure that the right quantities and equipment arrive at the right time and that utilization is optimised.
- To manage the climate on site to ensure that productivity is maximised and that all disciplinary issues are managed in the correct manner.
- To ensure that the site is Safe at all times, by conducting a site walk first thing in the morning to ensure that the site is start to commence work for the day and by promoting a culture where safety is a priority.
- Understanding of the business environment
- Basic financial management skills
- Computer Literacy
- Management skills (planning, organizing, leading & control)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Awareness and basic understanding of all applicable legislation
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.