- Advise the Board of Directors and management in compliance with the Memorandum of Incorporation.
- Keep abreast of best practice corporate governance developments by doing research to ensure the integrity of advice to the board.
- Develop and monitor compliance with board and committee charters and board policies on the following:
o Disclosure of interests
o Delegation of authority
- Preparation of resolutions
- Advise the Board in respect of procedural and compliance issues on statutory obligations
Company Secretarial Administration
- Manage the preparation and submission of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Manage the scheduling and arranging of meetings of the Board of Directors and committees
- Attend all board, committee and Shareholder meetings
- Take, prepare minutes and follow up on matters arising from the meetings and resolutions
- Preparation of AGM
Effective functioning of the Board
- Preparation of agendas
- Structuring and distribution of the meeting pack
- Board and committee procedures
- Administer and analyse results of annual board performance assessments
- Report results and provide guidance for improvement of performance where necessary
- Conduct ad hoc research at the request of board and committees and make recommendations
- LLB or Legal Degree – required
- Masters/CIS will be an added advantage.
- Eight years’ company secretarial experience of which a least five years’ must be with a JSE-listed company;
- Knowledge of the Companies Act, the JSE Listings Requirements and King III (IV) as well as other sector legislation;
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.