Position: Client Associate
Salary: Market related
Location: Head Office – Claremont (Cape Town)
To play a significant support role within the Global Institutional Business team. This is a high performance team that is the client face (both on a client acquisition, client service and retention basis) for institutional clients in both the South African and International Markets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To be a full in-house support and backup for the client service fund managers (FM).
- Taking key responsibility for assigned clients alongside the FM. This requires that the incumbent is able to report on all current matters pertaining to a particular assigned client and builds strong client relationships so that clients feel comfortable dealing directly with the incumbent when the FM is not available.
- Work closely with the FM and the dedicated Client Relationship Manger (CRM) to ensure all queries and issues around the client and products are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- Liaise with staff at various levels of the organization and from other departments to ensure high levels of client service and administration.
- Assist the FMs with collation and preparation of presentations, in particular when FMs are out of the office, which is a regular occurrence. This require a detailed understanding of the company’s products, the clients mandate, the company’s current investment views and portfolio positioning and general market views.
- To be responsible for the input and maintenance of all client-related databases
- Both local and international. These databases are the most critical interface the company has to client clients / consultants globally (of equal importance to performance) and hence the need to be accurate and updated regularly.
- The successful candidate will have full responsibility for at least one, if not more of these critical databases, and will need to take pride in its contents.
- Client Surveys, Due Diligence Questionnaires, tenders, maintenance of the DDQ Sharepoint database of questions / responses
- Take responsibility for the initial completion of these documents, to be reviewed by FMs. The process often includes sourcing information from various areas of the business, dealing with senior managers for input and ensuring all reviews are completed timeously.
- Taking ownership for the submission and delivery accurately, and within stringent time constraints.
- Ensure that the Sharepoint database of answers to questions is updated and is maintained in a polished form at all times.
- Collate and take responsibility for maintaining accuracy and quality of all other client-related collateral, strategy fact sheets, client queries, Salesforce updates, meeting minutes, process documents / manuals etc.
- Assist with the preparation of legal documents relating to clients and ensure accurately captured, stored, maintained and scanned.
- Deal with all other business and product related queries within the team.
- Ensure the CRM system (Salesforce) is up to date and accurate for funds that the incumbent is allocated as the CA.
- Take responsibility for adhoc projects as assigned with pride and diligence.
- Ensure all process documents are kept up to date and enhanced where possible.
- Assist with general tasks in the area as and when required.
- Act with integrity and professionalism at all times and upholds the Company’s culture and values.
- Asset management experience (preferred)
- Database management and advanced Excel skills
- Analytical / quantitative experience
- 5 years working experience in finance / asset management
- Commerce or related qualification (BCom, B Bus Sci, CA)(Numerical Subjects)
Competencies & Ideal Personality Attributes:
- Mature, responsible and accountable individual
- Ability to multi-task, manage several projects at the same time
- Highly diligent
- A stickler for detail
- Finisher – tenacious, goal orientated
- Strong numeracy skills
- An ability to work in fast moving environment
- Investment industry understanding
- Able to build and maintain relationships
- Unparalleled organizational skills
- Proactive and able to use initiative
- Highly organized and efficient
- Eager to learn
- Team player
Software, Systems Knowledge:
- MS Office (advanced Excel & Word)
- Database and Powerpoint experience an advantage
Most Important Attributes:
- Must possess an ownership mentality and a willingness to take responsibility for tasks through to completion
- Attention to detail, goal orientated and a willingness to learn and be hands on
- Highly organized, good at multi-tasking and able to deal with people at all levels
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.