The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting market research into African Petrochemical and other upstream and downstream industries.
- Developing lasting technical and commercial customer relationships to identify business trends in and beyond the customer scope or respective Chemical Intermediates portfolio.
- Translating and materialising business opportunities into active sales.
- Identifying and attracting new customers, pursuing new applications and interacting with corresponding process and product developers to create profitable business.
- Applying the overall sales process as well as aiming to meet or exceed the sales targets and optimising profit and market shares regionally.
- Understanding customer needs and translating them into accurate sales and volumes forecasts.
- Preparing a comprehensive local market map with focus on market size, industry trends, competitive landscape and sales channels.
- Providing accurate and proactive on-time reporting regarding trends and opportunities
Minimum requirements for the role:
- A technical tertiary qualification, ideally BSc Chemical or related, is essential and an additional marketing / sales qualification would be advantageous.
- 2 - 4 years’ Sales and Account Management experience within the Chemical Industry in Africa is essential.
- Previous experience within Africa and knowledge of African Distribution models is essential.
- Must be willing and able to travel, both locally within South Africa as well as Sub Saharan Africa.
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Computer literacy is essential with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Sound ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
Salary package is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.