Short Role description:
To promote the sales of company, products and services to prospective and existing customers from within a defined selected account list, establishing solid and long term business relationships with the customers and creating profitable business growth for integrated architecture, including the pull-through of all other businesses as for example MPS/MES, Components etc.
Responsible for overall account coordination, including account plan and target setting.
Experience required :
- Prior minimum 4-6 years experience in a technology-based organization, excellent.
- Knowledge about production processes within the Mining, Metals and Cement Industry.
- You should demonstrate competence in selling a solution to meet a customer requirements in conjunction with achieving sales targets, increasing value for the company.
- Proven ability to achieve results
QUALIFICATIONS AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor or Master degree in an engineering/technical related field or equivalent.
- Additional education in business administration or marketing is preferred.
- Local language skills, plus active English language skills (verbal and written)
Core Competencies (according to RA competency model)
- Sales process excellence
- Build strategic partnerships with accounts
- Business and financial understanding
- Manage for growth
- Accountable for results
- Critical decision making
- Collaboration & teamwork
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Functional / Sales
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the annual sales target through the maximization of business opportunities at the specified accounts.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective account plans for all accounts assigned
- Lead and co-ordinate the efforts of RA resources in order to provide the company, products and services to the customers
- Co-ordination, where necessary, of Global, Pan-European and In-Country sales initiatives and activities as defined by Sales Management.
- Responsible for executing, directly or in collaboration with other resources to the process necessary to obtain the orders (i.e. Identify sales and business opportunities, present quotes and proposals, negotiate and close the orders).
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of quotes, sales proposals, and contracts to the customer in compliance with Company Policies and Standards, obtaining the appropriated approvals.
- Handles objections effectively and manages a pipeline of opportunities, negotiates profitable deals.
- Consult with other functions on issues like pricing, product specification, warranties and product adaptation to ensure that we provide the appropriated business and technical solution to the customer need.
- Collaborate with all sales teams to increase market penetration, assure sales coverage and provide appropriated order fulfillment
- Develops, uses and share success of concepts and ideas to present to the company's capabilities.
- Build effective business relationship with the Accounts through understanding their organization, developing a business relation with senior management, identifying key decision-makers and understanding their business, strategy and directions.
- Develop and implement a customer focused sales strategy based on the company's strategy and all relevant customers information to optimize business opportunities.
- Focuses on opportunities that supportthe company's market strategy
- Understands business models and how they can exploited, including the interpretation of financial statements
- Overall account coordination
- Coordinate the account plan and target setting for all his/her accounts
- Share and drive information about new potential Accounts with Sales Management for further analysis.
- Ability to set and achieve challenging targets.
- Takes initiative in response to changing circumstances within the organization or markets
- Report any information relative to competition or market trends and new competitive product developments to the appropriate resources through standard required reporting formats.
- Utilization and up-to-date maintenance of the sales and customer relationship management tools (i.e. Marketing Manager), optimizing his/her activities by using these tools intensively.
- Ensure the right level of business information exchanged within the organization.
- Ability to set priorities that maximize revenue and profitability
- Coaches others to improve performance
- Keeps skills and knowledge in all areas (technical and commercial) up to date
- Collaborate with other Account Managers to define targets for MPS, MES, Components and Stand Alone business opportunities in his/her accounts
- Responsible for engaging other Account Manager, Commercial Engineers and/or BU Managers in the specific selling approach for certain areas
- Provides timely information to support effective management of the business to all levels
- Excellent communication to foster an open environment
- Identifies key issues from information gathered
- Demonstrates behavior in accordance with the company's values
- Acts with highest integrity in all areas
- Ability to motivate others and him/herself.
- Relationship management tools (i.e.Marketing Manager), optimizing him/her
Preference will be given to applicants from previously disadvantaged groups to support the company's employment equity plan.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.